“I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”
– Estee Lauder, Co-founder of Estee Lauder Companies
Success is neither handed over nor earned over night. It is a process that involves hard work, dedication, and discipline. However, if you want to start your journey to greatness, here are 49 habits and traits of highly successful people you should apply in life:
What They Do
- Plan ahead.
- Sort out their priorities.
- Schedule [almost] everything.
- Focus on what they’re doing.
- Do one task at a time.
- Do and produce more.
- Motivate themselves.
- Exercise regularly to keep both their minds and bodies healthy.
- Have ample amount of sleep.
- Love unconditionally.
- Have passion about the things they’re doing.
- Maintain a positive attitude even through obstacles.
- Acknowledge even for the simplest things.
- Do not take themselves too seriously.
- Do not stress over the smallest things.
- Focus on the future and not the past.
- Be willing to let go, and they know when to do it.
- Make themselves fully accountable of their actions.
- Adapt to change and even strive for it.
- Be happy with the success of others.
- Work well with others.
- Understand other people’s pains and struggles.
- Push their boundaries and work outside their comfort zone.
- Hang out with people who reflect optimism.
- Love being around successful people.
- Aim to do better and never settle for anything less than excellent.
- Do more without thinking twice.
- Look at a problem from different angles.
- Understand their strengths and weaknesses.
- Acknowledge their mistakes and never make excuses.
- Take every obstacle as a learning opportunity.
- Be honest with themselves and with others.
- Ask for real-time feedback and accept it whether it’s good or bad.
- Be constantly curious and always look for answers.
- Love learning new things.
- Ask if there’s something they do not know.
- Study and learn before they work.
- Be a good follower and a better leader.
- Avoid complaining or spouting negative thoughts.
- Help others who are in need.
- Think of other people.
- Take risks.
- Never give up no matter how many times they stumble.
- Believe in themselves and what they are capable of.
- Don’t care what others think of them.
- Love themselves even if others don’t.
- Face challenges and accept failures.
- Never look to do things the easy way.
Stop procrastinating and start doing; be the next big thing in your industry! Take the first step by reading Best 10 Resume Writers’ executive resume writing service reviews.