As goal-oriented professionals, we would like nothing more but to work for one of the best companies in the United States. Employers who treat their employees right; gives the right benefits, offers great career opportunities, pays handsomely—to name a few.
So, to help you decide which corporation you should join, we have compiled a list of America’s best employers—courtesy of Forbes and Statista’s annual survey—and the reason behind their staff’s unbreakable loyalty to them.
This industry giant has topped every “best” list it’s in, and with good reason. According to past and current employees, here are the top reasons why they love Google:
- Every staff member’s work is important to the company’s continuous success. They all feel their significance.
- The benefits aren’t just for the employees, but for their families as well.
- The company houses some of the best talents in the world.
- Exceptional career opportunities and professional growth.
- Unparalleled office perks: from on-site doctors and hair stylists to gourmet cafeteria food. (See The Internship for a fun, albeit a little inaccurate, visual reference.)
There is not a single person in the US who does not know what Costco is. They are ranked as the best retailer to work for, and landing second in the overall list. Here’s why:
- As of December 2014, regular Costco employees earn around $20/hour compared to the industry’s national average at $12.20. Even part-time workers are paid very well.
- Healthcare benefits are company-sponsored.
- They believe in internal hiring, giving more career growth to a huge number of employees.
- During Thanksgiving Day, staff are not required to go to work. (Someone also stated that they are given free turkey at this holiday.)
One of the largest petrol product refiners, marketers, and transporters in the US, Marathon Petroleum is named as the third best employer in the country. Here’s what employees say:
- Supportive managers and approachable people.
- Great work-life balance.
- Good pay and amazing benefits.
4.The Container Store
Apparently, staff members have a hard time “containing” their enthusiasm for the company, because they are truly happy and satisfied.
Here’s what makes The Container Store a great workplace:
- Employee development with annual training for both full-time and part-time workers.
- Amazing environment with warm and welcoming co-workers.
- Great compensation and wonderful health benefits—both for insurance covers and onsite benefits.
- We Love Our Employees Day, which is celebrated on Valentine’s Day. (Get gifts, love notes, and hugs from the company.)
Do you enjoy the outdoors? Are you into fashion? If you said “Yes” to both, then this is a place you’ll fit right in. Here’s why:
- Employee development with trainings and workshops, as well as college tuition reimbursement: $5k+ annually.
- A lot—and I mean A LOT—of outdoor activities that builds the relationship between everyone in the company.
- Work-life balance; after a year, employees are entitled to 23 days of holiday and vacation leave. 180-day maternity leave also provided.
- Positively promotes and encourages health and wellness in its employees.
Baxter International aims to help more people with chronic and acute medical conditions. With such great vision, its employees are also very happy. Here are their reasons:
- Flexible schedules.
- Challenging and rewarding work.
- Supportive and helpful colleagues.
We all know BMW, right? It’s one of the best car manufacturers in the world, and now it’s also the 7th best employer in the America. Reasons behind this title are:
- Obviously employees can drive their own BMW or MINI on very attractive prices.
- Health and fitness provisions, as well as supported leisure activities.
- Opportunities for temporary (or permanent) foreign reassignment.
Considered as the world’s largest carpet manufacturer with more than 22,000 employees, Shaw Industries is on the 8th spot in the list because of these reasons:
- Great work environment, with friendly and supportive co-workers.
- Excellent pay and good benefits.
- Opportunity to continue education.
9.Wegmans Food Markets
“The best grocery store in America.” This is what Consumer Reports say about Wegmans Food Markets. Here are the great things about this family-owned empire:
- College reimbursement for employees available: $2,200
- Great pay: Hourly worker: $33k+ (avg.), Salaried worker: $62,800 (avg.)
- Offers compressed work weeks.
I don’t know of a man who is not familiar with the granddaddy of bikes. Harley-Davidson is not only a manufacturer of wonderfully powerful bikes, but also a great employer. Here’s why employees love them:
- Great culture with an amazing history.
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
- Nice facilities and amenities.
No matter what industry you are in, you deserve to be a part of the best corporations in the world. It’s one thing to love your job and another to love the company you’re working for. Have your job hunt tools ready. View our best resume writing services reviews to find your perfect career development partner.
Sources: Statista, Inc.com, Fool.com, Glass Door, Great Place to Work, Career Bliss, Indeed